Rota y Broke

Wednesday

There are no secrets in Difficult, Oregon






I am starting a book. Here is a sneak peak. Just a few excerpts; not in order and unedited/untouched.

Tambien quiero notar que hacemos estas cosas para atencion y amigos.




Se mai contiga che 'l poema sacro
al quale ha posto man e cielo e terra
si che m'ha fatto per molti anni macro,
vinca la crudelta che fuor mi serra
del bello ovile ov' io dormi' agnello,
nimino ai lupi che li danno guerra;

con altra voce omai, con altro vello
retonero poeta.


If it comes to pass that this whole wale of a poem

on which heaven and earth have worked so hard

that it's made me skinny over the years
should overcome the cruelty that keeps me

from the pretty sheepfold where I slept like a lamb,

an enemy to the wolves who lay seige to it,

then with a new voice and a new fleece

I'll come back as a poet.

-
Il Paradiso, Canto XXV, 1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment